Top 5 lists have become my staple lately because I enjoy writing them. It is a great way to state my opinions and displays the information in a very easy, neat format. Top 5 lists are quite popular, generally, because of the fact that they are easy to read and do not like they are as long as a full text article. One of my favorite topics to write about is television and many of my lists will involve television shows and channels. This list contains the top 5 most underrated television shows today.
5. Covert Affairs (USA)- This cable show has received less respect than it should. The character development on the show was a bit slow at first, but when the series finally began to pick up the pace, it hit the ground running. The second season's plotlines were actually a subtle improvement from the first season's. Now that characters are established and characters are developed, the story can continue with CIA Agent Annie Walker journeying and finding more obstacles that come with her new promotion.
4. Cougar Town (ABC)- This series is a pleasant surprise, currently rolling through its third season. The ratings have not been exactly kind to this extremely witty and very well done series. The show is an honestly hilarious show where one joke practically rolls into the next. You will be laughing out of your chair. The show stars Courteney Cox of Friends fame and she plays her role with precision and grace, or sometimes lack thereof.
3. Parks and Recreation (NBC)- This show has not received anywhere close to the respect it deserves. This show starring Amy Poehler is very funny if you can understand the humor and the characters. The show's humor and punchlines lean on the audience's knowledge of the characters, which sometimes pushes away new viewers who would have to catch up. The ratings have not been kind, but it is currently playing its fourth season and remains a stalwart in the comedy lineup for NBC. Really, any series with Aziz Ansari in it should be doing really well!
2. Snapped (Oxygen)- This show is one of my guilty pleasures to watch. This murder mystery show about wives killing their husbands/boyfriends intrigues me every episode I watch. The channel plays marathons of the show on Sundays, usually, and I can sometimes watch 4 episodes in a row and not notice. Unlike the other crime and murder shows, Snapped does not sice up and embellish the details of the case, making this series realistic and quite entertaining.
1. Impractical Jokers (truTV)- truTV is testing this show to see if it can last and it certainly must. This show about a comedy troupe making each other due very interesting and sometimes stupid things makes you laugh out loud no matter what. The challenges are completely insane and in the end, someone ends up making a fool of themselves. It is utter hilarity. However, truTV has not yet renewed the series for a second season and there are only 6 episodes of the 1st season left to air, the first airing tonight on truTV at 10 PM Eastern time! Tune in to keep the show around and remember, do not be afraid to laugh out loud.
Copyright © 2013 - rturk.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com